The Royal Conservatory of Music Certificate Program
For over 125 years, The Royal Conservatory of Music (RCM) has provided an internationally renowned standard of music achievement through an effectively sequenced course of study from beginner to advanced levels. The program inspires excellence through individual student assessments at each level, and allows students to celebrate their accomplishments and track their progress with others across the country and around the world.
What is The RCM Certificate Program?
- The RCM Certificate Program is a comprehensive and effectively sequenced program of music study and assessment, beginning with the Preparatory level(s), followed by levels 1 to 10, and concluding with the Associate Diploma of The Royal Conservatory of Music (ARCT). A Licenciate Diploma of The Royal Conservatory of Music (LRCM) is available for piano. At each level, a Certificate of Achievement can be earned by successfully completing a Royal Conservatory practical examination.
Why Follow The RCM Certificate Program of Music Study?
- The Royal Conservatory has provided the finest music and arts education to millions of people in virtually every community across Canada for well over a century. With the mission of developing human potential through leadership in music and the arts, it is considered the “gold standard” in many countries around the world.
- The Royal Conservatory’s program provides a clear path for well-rounded musical training, and a consistent and meaningful structure for recognizing achievement, and rewarding excellence. Through an aspirational ladder of music study, the program motivates students, helps them set and achieve goals, and instills a sense of accomplishment as they complete each level.
- The Royal Conservatory’s internationally renowned standard of assessment develops complete musicianship by including technical tests, etudes, repertoire, ear tests and sight reading in each practical assessment. The program accelerates the development of musical literacy, increases understanding of the vocabulary, grammar, and syntax of the musical language, and encourages an enriched understanding of stylistic and structural awareness.
- The skills that students acquire through The RCM Certificate Program will help them attain a level of proficiency that will give them the tools they need to learn music independently leading to a lifelong enjoyment of music.
- The Royal Conservatory Certificate Program and materials are focused mainly on classical music, though opportunities to play jazz, folk and popular music are included within The Royal Conservatory framework. If a student chooses to explore other genres, the classical training provided by The Royal Conservatory system of study and assessment provides the strongest possible foundation upon which to continue a student’s musical journey.
For more information about The Royal Conservatory Certificate Program, please contact us.
BC Regional Representative
Alberta Regional Representative