The new Celebration Series® is coming March 2015! Join us in the Celebration!
In anticipation of the March 2015 launch of the new Celebration Series® for piano, we are excited to invite piano students to participate in our Celebration Series® Video Countdown!
Students from across Canada and the United States are invited to submit videos of themselves playing one of our sneak preview pieces. The best renditions will be featured on The Royal Conservatory website and social media channels. Twelve selections, one piece from each level (Preparatory A through Level 10), are available to choose from.
We invite students from across Canada and the United States to participate. Our selection committee will review all submissions, and will choose one feature video from each level to be shared in a twelve week countdown leading up to the official launch of the new Celebration Series® in March 2015.
March 20, 2015: Congratulations to Rachel and her teacher Pamela Smirl! Rachel's video was selected as the best performance of Dance (Juba), by Nathaniel Dett, the Level 10 sneak preview piece from new Celebration Series®.
We will be posting videos every Friday until the release of the new Celebration Series® in March.
How to Participate
- Choose your repertoire from the list of eligible Celebration Series® sneak preview pieces.
- Learn and memorize the piece.
- Record a video of yourself playing.
- Upload the video to YouTube or Vimeo, and send us the link using the online submission form.
- Finalists will be contacted via email to request their original video files.
- Watch our Twitter and Facebook feeds for announcements of the winners starting January 9, 2015.
Follow and Share
Tell us what you are preparing, or follow our winner announcements with the hashtag #ShareTheCelebration!
Submissions for the #ShareTheCelebration video countdown have closed. Thanks to everyone who submitted their wonderful videos!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Share the Celebration: Celebration Series® Video Countdown, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.461.6058 ext 350.