National Music Teacher Directory
Looking for a music teacher in your area? Whether you are interested in piano lessons, voice instruction, or another instrument, the RCM National Music Teacher Directory will quickly help you to find a teacher near you.
All of the teachers in our Directory follow The Royal Conservatory Certificate Program – a comprehensive and effectively sequenced system of music study and national standard of assessment that provides the strongest foundation for well-rounded musical training, from beginner to advanced levels.
Access the National Music Teacher Directory
Please fill in the information below:
Teachers in your region will be listed in order of geographic proximity to the postal code you entered in your search. If your search does not return results, please ensure the postal code is input correctly and/or expand your search radius.
How to find a music teacher: Top ten questions to ask
- How many years have you been teaching?
- Where do you provide lessons – your home, a studio, or in your student’s home?
- How many students do you teach, and at what levels?
- What kind of instrument(s) do you provide?
- Are you a Royal Conservatory Certified Teacher?
- Do you teach private lessons, group lessons or both?
- Do you include the study of theory in the yearly lesson plan?
- Do you encourage parents to observe lessons, or participate in practice sessions?
- What types of short- and long-term goals do you set for your students?
- Do you encourage your students to prepare for festivals and RCM exams?
Are you a teacher who is not listed in the Teacher Directory, but would like to be? Click here for more information.
Inclusion in the Directory does not constitute an endorsement of specific teachers. Students should consider their needs carefully in selecting the teacher who is right for them.